Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Day 1 of Creating Smiles - Feed them well

Day 1 of Creating Smiles - Feed them well


Food to the hungry is one of the best way to make someone smile..especially when it is home cooked and given with heartfelt good wishes...
So what did I do on my 52nd birthday? I made105 people smile by feeding them well...yes I actually cooked and cooked and cooked in the kitchen...Do I enjoy routine cooking? Definitely no. Does it matter? Actually No! Because this was not a routine day...this was a special day. As I made huge quantities of idli. chatni, sambhar and tamarind Powa with my team of supporters...all I could think about was the smiles this home cooked South Indian meal would bring to the faces of my new set of North Indian friends that I made within less than a year of coming to stay in Dubai!
As I distributed the holy water to every guest...the 105 smiles that I received from each and everyone of them made my day! The joker in me was happy to create so many smiles on Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment